FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,691 views 3 comments
by
Hello,

We do own a couple of RUT955 which we are testing with for integration in a remote surveillance system. At this moment we are experiencing a problem with the ethernet ports.

The RUT955 has been working fine for over 2 months, and we we're deciding to employ the first unit. Untill we noticed the at some point the ethernet ports were not functioning anymore. We were unable to reach any connected devices and we're unable to connect to the RUT955 over the ethernet ports.

Both port Lan 2 and WAN are lit. (While there is not cable plugged in.)

I did reset the device, which enabled me to connect to the RUT955 over WiFi again. But I am still unable to resolve the ethernet port issues. (LAN 2 and WAN remain lit, I cannot connect over port LAN 1 or LAN 3 either.)

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Joost

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If LED's on LAN 2 and WAN port are lit when nothing is connected, then we recommend filling warranty document here: https://teltonika.lt/warranty-repair/
by
The you for your promt reply. I will fill the form.

We had this happen once before, and we would like to know if there is something that we could be doing wrong? We do physacly lock port 1 to avoid problems with PoE, and only use LAN 2 and LAN 3.

We are at this moment working to deploy 5 other RUT955 sets, and we would like to know what could be causing this fault.

It is also possible to discuss this with me over e-mail.

Thank you.
by anonymous
How are you blocking Ethernet port 1? By some sort of plastic plug?
by
We do use the Panduit Jack Module Blockout Device. Which is bascily a plastic plug. (We do use this because almost all switches on our office are negotiating PoE. And we want to avoid that LAN 1 is accidentally connected to a PoE source.)