FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,057 views 3 comments
by

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} <![endif]-->

We have an RUT955 which was configured to send SMS when analogue signal goes above 20v.

The sms was no longer required so the input wire was removed, this was fine for months then in December the router started sending an SMS every 3 seconds. This has amassed a huge bill £20k.

The firmware was an older version 3.606.

Is this a known problem with this revision? It has happened on multiple sites in the same time frame.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There were no such cases received from the testing department or other clients before.

Have you disabled SMS sending now in all of the sites ?

As much as I know it should not be theoretically and practically possible to trigger this input without a connected wire.

Is it possible to get a troubleshoot file from at least one of these devices ?

Also I assume that the ISP should see that these messages were spammed and should remove the bill.

First thing I would suggest is to contact ISP and set the data / SMS limits for the SIM cards.
by

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} <![endif]-->

We are in the process of disabling the SMS sending now. The primary offender has also had the firmware updated (panic effort to stop the SMS sending). When the SMS requirement was removed and the SMS were no longer sending (before this incident) the SMS receipts were no longer monitored so we were not aware of the situation, the ISP notified us about it, right at the point they sent the invoice.

Even when they SMS was every 3 seconds the ISP did not block or highlight the situation. They have so far refused to move on the cost of the SMS sent.

Where would I retrieve the troubleshoot file from the router?

I will enquire about SMS limiting.

Thanks

by anonymous
To download the troubleshoot file you need to go to System --> Administration --> Troubleshoot and just press download.

It would be the best if you would encrypt the troubleshoot file by adding password while zipping it and personal message me the password for the zip file.
by anonymous
One more question.

What could be the maximum voltage that was connected to the input ?