FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
653 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I tried on 2 different PC and mobile phone.

When trying SSH with putty or alternatively CLI from Browser, after typing the name root I see the password prompt and can not type any more. In CLI I can open the drop down menu and paste password in the "paste from browser" box. Anyhow, I run into the 60 seconds time out. With putty I generate wrong access attempts, which I have to delete in the security access overview after 10 attempts. With mobile APPS like termius I have the same experience. Can not type the password and end up with a failed access from mobile IP. Which setting avoids to type the password?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Password typing is hidden when logging-in into CLI. So it's normal that you can't see anything when they prompt you for password. Just enter the password and press enter. Sometimes copy and pasting the password isn't the best idea as it sometimes parses the password wrong, so try entering it manually, not copy-pasting it.

And security for failed attempts is also normal, you can always increase the attempt number if it's annoying you.

EB.
by anonymous
well, I spent 3 hours with different devices in the car typing and copying the password. i will give it another try to change the password to a very short and easy one. the whole process is very annoying , it is only coming up,  because there is no better interface process for changing Sim and pin cards. without good failure message I run into needing  the PUK. and finding out how to maintain Puck/PIN Reset took me again several hours. This whole user/admin interface behavior requires rework. Travelling and changing Sims a lot is not at all well described and requires SHH knowledge. setting up a mobile Router should not take more than an hour. Regards Günter
by anonymous
So it seems that root accepts only very short and unsecure passwords. The PUK and PIN change comes back with SIM failure. Maybe even the PUK did run into too many attempts?! This whole process requires too much time for an mistyped PIN!!!!