FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
289 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi Everyone,

I have in my fleet , one RUT955 from hell ! devil

All the others are problem free.

some examples of its behaviour:

* DHCP stops serving IP leases for no apparent reason - only option is a reboot 

* A single OpenVPN status appears 3 times in the GUI (there is one connection)

* GPS data stops being sent to Traccar server in perfect coverage 

* Text VPN status,  you get a long number not the connection name 

I want to give it "one last chance" before I set fire to it like a Viking funeral ! angry

SO I am looking for a process that COMPLETELY erases ALL configuration data / memory
so that I can reload the bootloader and firmware and be sure that I am starting 
from a completely RAW configuration - no hidden surprises! no easter eggs!

Can anyone share the "flatten your RUT955" process please ?

if its just firmware and bootloader then just say that as I already know how to 
achieve that. 

Many thanks in advance 

Regards 

BB  

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

We do not recommend reinstalling the bootloader by yourself, because there is a possibility to brick your device by doing that.

There are two ways on how to completely clean all the configuration:

Regards.
by anonymous
Many thanks for this - I have been through the bootloader update a few times so it doesn't scare me.

It sounds like to be 100% sure of a FULL erase  I should perform both steps consecutively ?

Incidentally, I went to find the current RUT955 bootloader with no success ?  has it been removed please ?

regards

BB
by anonymous
Hi,

We have removed bootloader downloads for exact same reason (to prevent customers from accidently breaking routers). Which bootloader version your router is currently is? I could send a newer version via private message if it exists.

Regards.