FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
182 views 3 comments
by anonymous

After upgrading to FW 1.14 on my RUT240 I can no longer access the setting page services->VPN and OpenVPN no longer work to connect from the outside.

Everything else work correctly as far as I know.

When clicking Services->VPN the following page comes up:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:532: Failed to execute function dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/vpn'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:532: Failed to execute arcombine dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/vpn/openvpn-tlt'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:337: Unable to read UCI data: openvpn
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:532: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:272: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:271>

I would prefer not to factory reset the router as it took some time to make it work as intended and the router is situated at a remote site I seldom visit if problems occure.
Any suggestions what could have gone wrong or how I can recover from this?
I should have a backup of the settings before upgrading but I cannot find it and was not smart enough to take one just before the procedure.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It seems like something went wrong while upgrading your firmware and this service got corrupted while upgrading. Your only option is to restore your device to factory default configuration or even better re-install this firmware without keeping settings. We know that it will cause you to lose all configuration, but it is the only possible solution that would get rid of this error. Also, could you provide information from which firmware version you updated? Please send a troubleshoot file to me if it is possible via private message from a device that still has this error. You can download troubleshoot file by navigating System > Administration > Troubleshoot.

Regards.
by anonymous
Thank you for your prompt answer!
I will try to factory reset and restore the saved settings file. If that don't work I will restore and manually reconfigure everything. I have dumped config files for VPN and everything else using SCP so It will probably be doable without to much trouble.

As the troubleshoot file contain at least my ssh keys and possibly other relatively sensitive files I don't want to send it to you.
I can erase the root and etc libraries in the archived file and send you only the log files if that is of interest?
We can at least start there and you tell me what else from the troubleshooting file you need?

I don't recall exactly what version I upgraded from but it was one of 1.13 or 1.13.1 as I know it was 1.13 something and I have not been close to the router after November 2020.

EDIT: corrected version numbers and added suggestion regarding the troubleshooting file...
Regards
Björn
by anonymous
I have now removed my wifi secrets and the dropbear key files and repacked the troubleshooting file and sent it to you.

Regards
Björn
by anonymous
I found a settings backup from november -20 and have performed some tests.

If I re-upgrade to 1.14 without preserving configuration (effectivly resetting to factory) and apply the backup from november the same error occures.
If I re-upgrade to 1.13.3 (effectivly downgrading), then apply the backup from november and then upgrade with preserved config to 1.14 all is well and the error is not there.

It looks like the 13.1 backup content, i.e. the config of 1.13 is not compatible with 1.14 and the inconsistency is probably resolved in the 1.13 upgrade path but not done in 1.14.

For me the problem is solved. I.e. I'm back on track with FW1.14 but I would like to assist you in any way I can with understanding what caused this to perhaps add a better patch to your next FW release.

Regards
Björn