FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
417 views 4 comments
by anonymous
The equipment on the LAN is not configurable and is a TCPIP Host.  I need to connect this to a server on the WAN which is also a TCPIP Host.  In other applications I have used socat which can connect both client mode on LAN and client mode on WAN.

Remote Device (Host) <==> LAN - RUT950 - WAN <==> Server (Host)

Is there a socat package or another way I can config the modem to initiate a client connection on the LAN and connect this to a client connection on WAN?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this inquiry of yours. I have some clarifications is the WAN IP address of RUT950 reachable by the server? What WAN Source are you using (SIM, Wired, or Wireless). If you are using Mobile WAN and you want the server to reach the Remote Device through the WAN IP address of the RUT950. There is one functionality of RUT950 when using a sim card where it is going to bridge the connection to the LAN device and RUT950 will be working as a transparent device (The LAN device will be having the IP address from the sim card).

For this kind of information, you can check this link:  RUT950 Mobile - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

But if you want to install socat package in the RUT950 you can do it by executing these commands in CLI: 

opkg update                  
opkg list | grep socat           -> It will give you some results about the available packages of socat
opkg install [package name]  -> package name the selected package of socat

Note: We cannot provide support with the 3rd party packages installed on the device. Everything will be managed by your side. 

I hope it helps. 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
WAN (SIM card) is reachable from internet including the hosted server.  Prefer to use NAT and only open desired ports.  Is it possible to upgrade the RUT950 ram?  If so how.
by anonymous

Hi Nifty, 

For the ram upgrade, the ram of RUT950 is soldered with the PCB itself. Replacing it may break the device. So I suggest instead of using RUT950 I would suggest looking for other devices that we are having since you are using 1 LAN port maybe TRB140 will fit the job. 

For TRB140 you can refer to this link: TRB140 - 4G/LTE Ethernet Gateway | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
RAM: 128MB (50MB is usable) 

If you need much higher RAM you can proceed with RUTX series that is having 256MB RAM memory. 
For more information kindly refer to this link: RUTX09 - LTE-A CAT6 Dual-SIM Router | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
I have SMD soldering station but not sure I want to void warranty and the RUT950 is in remote locations implying reliability is obviously important.
by anonymous
Hi Nifty,

Yes, any hardware modification within the device will void the warranty.

Regards,
Mellow