FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
227 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any recommendation or best practice using the automative power supply for a RUTX12 installed in a car when powering it on/off between 5 and 10 times per day :

- should there be a script to run when shutting down the power of the RUTX12 ?

- should I just turn on/off the car with the 12/24 VDC auxiliary power outlet connected or should I plug it after ?

Will this multiple cycle of on/off impact the lifetime of the RUTX12 ?

Thank you,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this kind of scenario, it using that lighter plug power supply will be no issue because it has already some built-in fuse inside it. Plus the device itself has a 9-50 VDC, reverse polarity protection, and voltage surge/transient protection. Turning on and off the vehicle wouldn't much be a problem but I would like you to refer to this link for the power consumption usage of RUTX12. RUTX12 Power Consumption - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) 

And the MTBF value of RUTX12 is found in this link: RUTX12 MTBF - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope this answers you're question. 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Great, thank you.