FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,567 views 9 comments
by
Hi,

i'm currently testing the RUT950 with my Cisco ASA 5506-X. There's some strange behavior when configuring the (mobile) bridge mode on the RUT950. The ASA is able to get the networks static ip-adress from our provider through the RUT950, but internet connection drops after some minutes of usage (internet works really only for some amount of time - 5 minutes or a bit more). The strange thing is that the public ip and the static route is still present (or obtained) on the ASA's WAN port. Internet will just work again for some time if i restart the ASA completly. I turned TCP dump on the RUT on to investigate this behaviour and realized that the two devices behave like neither of them were present. If you ping from the ASA to an outside IP, ping attemps are'nt even logged on the RUT950 after (ASA's) "connection loss". There's no special config on the ASA side, it's nearly configured to default values (just for testing purposes). Both devices are configured on different subnets on lan side. The RUT950 is connected to the ASA's WAN port for sure. ASA's log won't show any specific error on the connection loss, except that destinations aren't reachable. Sounds a bit like an odd layer-2 problem. By the way there aren't any other devices connected between those two (no switches, etc. - its just the RUT connected directly to the asa's wan port). If i configure Passthrough mode on the RUT everything works just fine.RUT950 is on firmware  RUT9XX_R_00.05.03.4. Cisco release is 9.8.3.

I was just wondering if someone ever got similiar problems between a Cisco device and the RUT?
by
Is the issue not solved yet? I have the exact same issue and tested with both RUT955 and RUT240. The Cisco ASA is loosing connection after a while.
by
You got any update in the case?
by
Unfortunatelly not. Ticket is in work. Got meanwhile a Firmware update for testing, but didn't work. Hope there will be a solution soon.
by
Hi

Any updates in this case? It seems I have a similar problem with a RUT950 with Watchguard T15 firewall where the RUT is used purely as a 4G modem in bridged mode. Connection works for pretty much exactly 5 minutes then it's dropped for 15-45 seconds before returning again. This happens every 5 minutes which makes the connection more or less useless. It's a (very) remote site so troubleshooting is done remotely which is a hassle in itself. But no errors can be seen in logs in RUT or in firewall.
by
Ticket is still in work. I'll post it as soon as Teltonika will come up with a solution.

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Teltonika RnD team was informed about this case. We will contact you as soon as we have solution.
by
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
by anonymous

Hi,

Write me in private message (press on my user). Then I could send you a new release with changes for Bridge mode between Cisco.

0 votes
by
Any update in this case?

I think my problem might be related to this problem.
by
Hi Anders,

Teltonika is currently working on this case, there's right now no solution awailable for me. I'm still waiting for an answer.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hi,

Write me in private message (press on my user). Then I could send you a new release with changes for Bridge mode between Cisco.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

If you still have this issue, then write me a private message (press on my user). Then I could send you a new release with changes for Bridge mode between Cisco.

0 votes
by
I have this exact issue on TRB140 to a Cisco ASA 5506-X today.

Running latest FW.

Did you ever get this solved?

Thanks