FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
316 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

im new to Teltonika routers i.c.w. Sim cards but needed to have a 24/7 internet solution regarding lost connectivity of the landline for a customer of mine.

So I have a full unlimitied 4G simcard in the Teltonika router, set in bridge mode, but I have lost connectivity the last 2 days at exactly 17:00 and today at 12:00. It restores itself after about 50 min or so.

I get a new WAN ip so i think it has something to do with the ISP changing the IP.

Rebooting my Unifi router does not fix the problem, rebooting the Teltonika does.

Im trying to figure out if the WAN ip change can be done at a different time slot (or not at all) but is there any other solution with the Teltonika router regarding the restoration of the connection? As it restores itself after 50 min, it should be able to restore itself quicker as well?

Thanks in advance,

Prosper

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to suggest configuring the ping reboot feature. This way once your router loses internet connection it will reboot itself/or just modem (depends on your configuration). More details about ping reboot can be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Auto_Reboot

Regards.

by anonymous
Great thanks. Will try to see if this helps.
by anonymous
Hi,

So i have set an auto reboot and see the device loses connectivity at set time. But nothing happens for the next 10 min.

Only a physical power shut down and reboot does the trick to bring the device back online.

After auto reboot the router is not reachable as well.

I did a reboot at 11:40, but still the ISP reset the IP address at exactly 12:00 so I needed to do a reboot to get back online again.

I have also set the Ping Reboot settings (standard settings) but they didn't help either when the ISP changed the IP at 12:00 (no reboot and had to physically reboot myself).

Any idea what I can do?

Should I go for "Modem Restart" or "Restart mobile connection" when the ping to 8.8.8.8 is lost?
by anonymous
You should try modem restart instead then - it shouldn't take a long time for it to restart the connection.

Do you have any other router with the modem to test?

EB.
by anonymous
Ok will check now.

At the "general" page at "Mobile Configuration" I see there is a lease time set standard to 12 hours.

Will it help to change that to 12 days?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, I'm having the same kind of issue with a RUTX10 in bridge mode. It loses its connection to the main router every so many hours. Only a physical reboot helps regain the connection. Using the latest firmware (may 2022) and followed the "official" guide to setup the bridge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PS. is it normal that access the the RUTX10 web GUI doesn't work ? Even when using the IP address which the RUTX10 gets from the main router or the IP address specified as its static address, I cannot get access to the GUI. Have created firewall rules for these addresses but still no luck.