FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
514 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have a Traccar server on the LAN behind RUT955 router with mobile WAN, and am unable to access the server from outside ( using Teltonika tracers).

I have set default settings in the router and added port forwarding to the correct port to the appropriate server PC.

Also unable to ping the allocated DDNS hostname from outside, although  ping is allowed in traffic rules, and have enabled ICMP requests.

I also have a GNSS base station tcpip NTRIP server and need to allow access to that port too. ( also forwarded that port) but again unable to access the server from outside the router.

This is a fairly common thing to do and the system has worked before by default on other routers eg BT smarthub, EEsmarthub etc.

Which traffic rule should I use to allow access from outside the WAN to these ports ( apart from the forwarding rule) without allowing access to all ports?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

For the issue you are having I would like to know what type of IP address are you getting in RUT955. Could you try pinging the IP address received of the router from the outside (different internet source). Kindly check if it is reachable or not because maybe the RUT955 is getting a private IP address rather than a public one and maybe it is the one causing the issue you are having.

For the opening ports, you can do it via port-forwarding.  But I recommend checking the IP address that the RUT955 is getting.

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hi, My mobile provider's IP is reported as 10.134.172.30 in router config for mobile.
However my allocated DHCP is 82.132.232.227 according to NoIP. although that changes from time to time.
My NoIP hostname resolves to the correct IP  from outside the router but is unreacheable (ping request times out).
All required ports are shown as closed using open port finder even when port forwarding is enabled.
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the issue, you're having you are not able to reach the said RUT950 remotely because it is having a Private IP address from the mobile provider even though you have the Dynamic DNS feature enabled you will not be able to reach it for the reason the said private IP address is not reachable throughout the internet. 

For more reference, you can refer to this link: Private and Public IP Addresses - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it clarifies everything smiley

Regards,
Mellow