FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
283 views 1 comments
by anonymous

All of our TRB245 devices are installed remotely, and we have to manage them via the mobile interface.

When upgrading from any version to TRB2_R_00.02.06.1 when you keep the settings the following occurs:

Following the reboot for the upgrade, the appears to boot fine, the signal strength LEDs operate as normal, and the connection status LEDs (in my case the 4G one) flashes on and off – the mobile provider can see the device has connected to the network, but it has not established a data connection.

A reboot of the device at this point can do one of three things: 

1. The device will return to the same state - signal strength LEDs operate as normal, and the connection status LEDs (in my case the 4G one) flashes on and off
  2. The signal strength LEDs flash on and off together, this repeats until the device is rebooted
  3. The device works.

In all cases the WebUI and SSH are available via the ethernet port; from within there we can reboot the device, and the state will generally change.  Typically after a maximum of three reboots the device is working.

We use Ping/Wget reboot to help with this – however even using this, it makes a firmware upgrade appear to take up to 25 minutes long.

Also, what we have discovered, is that state 2 (The signal strength LEDs flash on and off together) is quite common – this randomly happens on software reboots, and power cycles.  If Ping/Wget reboot is enabled, after 10 minutes the device will reboot, and 99% of the time the device will boot normally; however in some instances it will do the same thing, however the Ping/Wget reboot will kick in again, and normally after two reboots its back on line.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

For the issue you are having could you send me a copy of the troubleshoot file of the device Also may I know if both mobile antennae of the device are properly connected both Mobile Antenna must be connected for best performance.  

Kindly check the received signal of the TRB245 for reference kindly check this link: Mobile Signal Strength Recommendations - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Note: RSSI, RSRP, RSRQ, and SINR are the important values in Mobile Signal Strength.

I will be waiting for the said troubleshoot file via pm

Regards.
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi there

There is only a single antenna for the TRB245.  

Coverage is fine - this occurs in multiple locations.

I will get troubleshooting file to you later today.

Thanks