FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
347 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'am configuring a new RUT955 with firmware 00.06.07.5 (latest stable at this time).

Everything is ok.

I need to power off mobile data for security and data consumption.

I use a sms rule : "password mobileoff"

-> OK (with sms answer)

I wait several minutes, and I send an other sms : "password mobileon"

-> Sms answer ok.

on local webui I see sms/networks events and Mobile Data connecting/registering -> connected with IP adress assigned to wan

BUT after maybe 10s I loose network with state connecting/timeout loop with also SIM1 to SIM2 to SIM1 (I also have a problem with SIM2, ask for PUK although i put it)

no possibility to send a reboot command by sms but if I reboot manualy  all is ok again.

For me it's a firmware bug.

Changelog to latest firmaware don't seems to resolve this type of problem.

How can I do to solve it ?

Thks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I just tested the feature and it's working as expected. I've tested with RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7

Please upgrade your firmware and try again. If you have the same issue please let us know

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Regards.

by anonymous
OK, thanks, I will try it.

I perfomed a factory reset, I couldn't connect to local webui anymore, after 3s in overview page (before updating view information) come back to login page.

Now after factory reset, I can't change Administror password?? I'm in a login loop

I try to redo a factory reset...
by anonymous
Hello,

Do you know what's your signal strenght?

It seems something related to the mobile interface, operator instability or another issue unrelated to SMS gateway.

I performed some tests and the firmware is working as expected.

Please take a look to this link https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations

Regards
by anonymous
Thanks for your time.

I'm at -51dbm, I do my test in a big town.

I put new firmware with bootloader and connect first to webui with private page in Chrome (the login loop seemed to come from that).

Now I've made 2 times this test : sms mobile off -> wait 2min sms mobile on -> wait 5min. -> connect to webui

It works. Third time, need to manualy unplug the device.

don't have enough trust to put this device at 1000km...

I don't blame teltonika, i actually don't know if it's the device or the mobile network (their fixed IP option seems unstable)
by anonymous

Hi,

I put new firmware with bootloader and connect first to webui with private page in Chrome (the login loop seemed to come from that).

• Probably explorer software cache or dhcp leases issue.
It works. Third time, need to manualy unplug the device.
  • In my case it works for a long time, I've tested at least 15 times and always working as expected.
  • You can debug your device accessing via CLI or SSH and issue the command logread -f 
  • There you'll see when the SMS arrived and all the process regarding to the LTE module.
  • https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Command_Line_Interfaces
Don't have enough trust to put this device at 1000km...
Regards.
by anonymous
Hi,

thank you for your help. With your indications, I managed to see that my provider gave me randomly a Public and a private IP. I asked for them, they said that the problem wasn't at their side but magically, direclty after their email, I never experienced this switch of IP.

I enabled/disabled mobile data by sms so many times for testing only ! My goal is to connect to an industrial system several times a Year max. for security and economy reasons, stopping data is a good choice.

I don't discover the auto-reboot feature but when I read in detail your implementation, this feature will be activated soon ! thanks for that.

One more thing, I had a secondary SIM PIN blocked, I put the PUK number into the settings but with no chance (Status : SIM Error, PUK required). I needed to buy a old school Nokia to enter the PUK. all is ok now.

Is the PUK config only a screen information or does it normally  unlock sim ?

Bye.
by anonymous

Hello,

Is the PUK config only a screen information or does it normally  unlock sim ?

• Teorically, it should unlock the locked SIM card, next time you have the same issue, please try using PIN and PUK codes into the devices.
I've already unlocked some SIM's from USA without any problem.
Any further doubt please let me know.
Regards.