FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
328 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am looking for a way to set the default sms send mode to "text" while in full control modem mode over rs232. I know that AT+CMGF=1 does the job but every time the TRB is restarted or power cycled it defaults back to PDU. I was thinking of gsmctl -A AT+CMGF=1 in a cronjob rather than at boot time but gsmd is not running by default and if I make it run (/etc/init.d/gsmd start) it will timeout with "alarm clock".

Any suggestions?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Good day,

Thank you for contacting us .

May i know the firmware on the device ?

Are you using the latest firmware ? It is highly recommended to keep device updated .

Latest firmware could be downloaded from here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB142_Firmware_Downloads.

Also you can add the gsmctl commands to custom scripts. So, that every time when device is restarted it will run the command after the device reboot.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Regrads,

Ahmed
by anonymous
by anonymous

Thank you Ahmed,

I was on an earlier firmware so I upgraded to the latest one, which is 2.6.1, and reset the TRB to factory defaults. Not much has changed:

• In the default configuration (serial not enabled) I can have mobile data connected with no problem at all but  sometimes LUCI interface says SIM card is not inserted and 2/3/4G leds blink all together. This is strange to me because data connections  is all the way ok but as mobile data are not necessary to me this could be a false positive (power cycling does the job);
  • As long as I stay in the default mode I can gsmctl all the commands that I want with no problem at all. I can trigger AT+CMGF=1 from the ssh command line and I will get positive answer. So I thought I could set a custom script to do the job;
  • But as soon as I configure serial port to enabled to "modem full control" I am back to the same old behaviour: gsmctl says "Failed to find gsmd ubus object", starting it by "/etc/init.d/gsmd start" does not change the mood, I got the same "Failed to find gsmd ubus object".

What am I doing wrong?

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please share a troubleshoot file for the device .

Make sure its not rebooted in case its rebooted all the logs must be lost.

So, please make sure logs are found in the troubleshoot file.

Troubleshoot file could be downloaded in System>Administration>Troubleshoot

Make sure device is on for 15-20 minutes before you download the troubleshoot file.

Thanks

by anonymous
Of course I can. Which way would you like to have it?
by anonymous
Hello,

Please DM me the troubleshoot file.

Thanks