FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
850 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Goodmorning
I want to do this configuration and i ask to the forum if it is possible.
My RUT240 get internet connection only from SIM card.
RUT240 is also connected as wifi station, but not recive internet connection over it; only  a wifi station.
I want to use WAN as LAN port.
LAN1 port is used to give internet connection in this subnet (192.168.1.0/24) from SIM card.
LAN2 should be isolated from LAN1.
LAN2 should be connected to wifi.
It is possible?

Thanks for the help

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can configure the router this way:

1. RUT240 get internet connection only from Sim Card
-> Go to Network > WAN > Select Main WAN as Mobile then WiFi as a backup.

2. RUT240 is also connected as wifi station, but not receive internet connection over it; only a wifi station
-> I believe you are going to connect RUT240 to a Wifi network which is not having network connectivity in short it is a LAN network correct?
If so configure it in Network > WAN > Instead of Failover Select Load Balancing so that both interfaces will be active.

Point 1 and 2 will look like this:

For more information refer to this link: RUT240 WAN - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

3. I want to use WAN as LAN port.
-> You can configure it on Network > LAN > Advance Settings you will be able to see the Use WAN port as LAN option you need to tick the checkbox to enable this setting.

For more information: RUT240 LAN - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

4. LAN1 port is used to give internet connection in this subnet (192.168.1.0/24) from SIM Card
-> As default, this one is the default LAN IP of the RUT240 so no need to configure that.

5. LAN 2 should be isolated from LAN1
-> You can configure that by adding Port-based VLAN Navigate to Network > VLAN > Port-based

6. LAN2 should be connected through wifi
-> It is possible to do so in VLAN just assign Port-based VLAN where LAN2 will be the same network with WiFi.

For more information for point 5 and 6 refer to this link: RUT240 VLAN - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Point number 4 and point number 6 will need additional configuration where you need to create a traffic rule that states that 192.168.1.0/24 will be on the Mobile interface and LAN2 + WiFi will go through Wireless WAN. In order to the traffic rule configuration you need to separate Wireless and Mobile Interface first you can do it by configuring Zone Forwarding. 

Here is some additional information about traffic rule configuration and Zone Forwarding: 
RUT240 Firewall - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUT240 Firewall - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Thanks for support, but i have some problem.
I am stucked at point 6.
I create two VLAN. One for port 1(Lan) and one for port 2(Lan_Wan).
The first VLAN give internet using mobile and it is ok.
The second VLAN has static IP (20.30.249.246/16), DHCP deactivated , and relayd active.
Wi-Fi is in station mode and correctly connected.
I think  i am not able to create the correct firewall rule.
Can you help me?
by anonymous

Hello, 

I have tested it on my side it seems no need for this part: 

Point number 4 and point number 6 will need additional configuration where you need to create a traffic rule that states that 192.168.1.0/24 will be on the Mobile interface and LAN2 + WiFi will go through Wireless WAN. In order to the traffic rule configuration you need to separate Wireless and Mobile Interface first you can do it by configuring Zone Forwarding. 

I am able to split the network from doing VLANS and configuring Relayd. 

If it is not properly working try to reboot the device. 

Regards,
Mellow