FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
743 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have not been able to configure a RUT995 to use the wifi as a WAN. I have tried to follow a couple of questions and answers on the site without success.

I have loaded the latest firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7_WEBUI.bin and updated without keeping the settings

I have stepped through the wizard disabling wifi and changing the LAN IP to 192.168.0.1

I have selected Network_> WAN and chosen WIFI for the Main WAN with no failover

After the WIFI WAN is selected I have used the Scan button to connect to find a network

A list of available networks is presented (but only 2.4G networks - no 5G in the list though they are available)

I have used the Join Network button on the appropriate network to connect

I entered the Passphrase and then Saved

A Wireless configuration window with the selected network and its Encryption shown under Wireless Station Mode.

But the RUT955 does not connect to the network and WAN status shows not connected.

Advice on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thank You
by anonymous
Hi,

Do you have a suggestion of which firmware version to try? I have tried the latest version and the production version along with the test version you sent me for my other problem

Thank You
by anonymous
You should try 06.06.1 for example, please let me know if the issue persists.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi,

Tried 06.06.1 today but still no WAN Wifi connection

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all, check if the password you're using is correct.

Then check the encryption.

If you're still unsuccessful, try another WiFi Access point like a hotspot shared from your phone or just another AP around you.

Is the device new or was it used at some point? Did you update it without keeping the settings?

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank You for your reply and suggestions.

I have checked the password and encryption.

I tried my IOS phone hotspot but it doesn't show up in the available networks after a scan along with all 5G networks

The device is not new - it had another configuration in it. When I could not get the wifi LAN to work on three different wifi      networks that did come up in the scan, I reloaded the firmware without keeping the settings to try to make sure there was nothing corrupt.

Still no joy

Regards
by anonymous
Do you have another hotspot maybe? Not iOS. Android or dedicated router with AP should be okay for testing.

Also, how is your hotspot called? Maybe it contains some characters that are not being parsed as they should.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

I do not have any Android products

So far I have tried to connect to the following routers

1) another RUT995 with SSID RUT995_Farm

2) Asus Router SSID ASUS_FARM

3) Draytek Vigor 2860  SSID LextarDT2_4

Do you think it does not like underscore in the SSID?
by anonymous
Could you please try another version of the firmware to see if it's the firmware that's causing this issue for you?

Underscore is not likely the issue.

EB.