FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
379 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi! Looking for a new router to my boat, aiming for a RUT240, and are really impressed by the software package included in the product. Read the "Relayd" documentation but..... When arriving to a harbour I would like that the RUT should automatically connect to the public WiFi if the credentials are registered in the RUT. Is it possible to have a list, for several WiFi:s, stored in the RUT that will handle this ? Thanks.

Update: Read a little Moore and WAN failover maybe solves it, but on the other hand you can just have max 2.....

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Should be possible to be done using custom scripts. _OR_ use a RUT955, which can run official openwrt. Then this task is easier to solve.

I did customized firmware for the RUT955 already for commercial installs.
by anonymous
Thanks! Any links so that I can learn some more?
by anonymous
Browse forum.openwrt.org
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Maybe you are referring to Multiple WiFi AP: RUT955 Wireless - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

It is also available in RUT240 now on the latest firmware: 

Let me know if this is correct or no. :) 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi and thanks for your answer

Yes you have found the solution. Have you tested it ?

I had to read the info several times before understanding. ;-)

Maybe the heading should be changed from => Multiple wireless access points, to => Multiple wireless access points for "Wireless Station Mode"

Once again thanks !

/M
by anonymous
Now tested and works, but got other problems so will create a new post.