FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
117 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Just installed RUT240. Connected via local IP configured unit and internet was provided promptly. I then restarted the PC connected to the modem, Internet works well but no webgui connection via local IP due to time out, tried remotely via via internet fixed IP using second PC and again no connection, reporting "refused to connect", internet still works fine. Please help. obviously cant access trouble shooting logs.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

I would suggest doing a firmware upgrade using the bootloader menu since you are not able to reach the device via Web UI. You can follow the steps found in this link: RUT240 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

For the latest firmware version you can find it here: RUT240 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow