FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
138 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

We have a RTU950 router in the field which we can connect over OpenVPN to talk to devices on a 192.168.168.XXX. When it is plugged into the network & we try to connect it is giving us an IP in the range of 192.254.234.XXX. We have found that there is another router on site & suspect this is setting the IP of the RUT950 & then causing the DCHP to set us up in the 192.254.234.XXX range. We have spoken to site but they are unaware of the router existing so haven't been able to login & verify the above theory.

Is there a way i can stop this from the RUT950 side, like not accepted a new IP?

Regards,

Stephen
by anonymous
I've just been doing some further testing & it isn't setting the IP of the router, it is just changing which IP it assigns you when you connect. It's almost like i need the RUT 950's setting's to take priority if that is possible.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I didn't quite understand your issue.

When it is plugged into the network & we try to connect it is giving us an IP in the range of 192.254.234.XXX. 

• Are you talking about your WAN network?
You can't change WAN IP's, due it's assigned from your operator or WAN router.
If you want to change IP's on your LAN, please take a look to this link.
Regards