FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
278 views 4 comments
by anonymous

We are currently using a RUT955. I am currently trying to get a TAP/IP connection to be sent via a RS232 interface over the internet to our application. 

NUC —> Serial —> RUT955—> IP—>  Server

At first it works perfectly. Multiple messages are able to be sent. Then after approx 5 mins it stops. If I 

- Power reset the RUT955 it works again

- Modify RS232 interface configuration, such as timers, it works again

Then after approx 5 mins it stops again. It is like the interface goes to sleep. I have tried changing it multiple times based on manuals and configuration guides, with the same behaviour described above the same each time.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please check if you're running the latest firmware version?

Also, check if your serial device configuration on Teltonika is identical to your serial device (stop bits, baud rate, and so on..)

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_RS232/RS485

If nothing works - try resetting your device to factory default settings.

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks for the advice. Still facing the same issue though. Is there are way to verify the interface as the GUI doesn't display stats for the RS232 interface. What about the CLI?
by anonymous

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still facing the same issue? 

Have you maybe managed to see in logread what is the error behind this at the moment when it stops sending messages?

Once again, check if all the RS232 settings on both sides are identical, this could bottleneck the connection if it's not set-up right.

EB.

by anonymous
This ended up being the application on the cloud server. The RUT955 was doing its job correctly!!
by anonymous
Also is there anyway to look at statistics/counters for the serial interface?