FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
693 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I've browsed various articles on here, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I have an OpenVPN server, running on AWS

I have OpenVPN client on my PC, and can connect no problems

I want to connect RUT955, bur I cannot get it to work. It never logs in / connects/ appears in OpenVPN server.

I don't have all the fancy TLS certificate stuff, the server works without it as proved by my PC connecting.

Can anyone help me with the setup?

Here's what the RUT interface has in it:

What am I doing wrong?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
The system works only if you use the OpenVPN config file. Basic auth does not work.
Best answer
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please try updating your firmware? Right now I see that you're not on the latest one: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Firmware_Downloads

From your firmware to the latest one there were some little changes made to OpenVPN default configuration files, and I believe that is causing you this issue.

Make sure that you don't keep the settings when updating to the new firmware as it will leave your old OpenVPN configuration intact and it will be the same issue all over again, so just do a clean upgrade.

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks. Updating now...

Hasn't come back up on RMS... 10 minutes later...
by anonymous
Hello EB,

No luck, i'm afraid. still not connecting
by anonymous
You mentioned RMS, did you lose your mobile connection after the update? Did you get it back?

Also, could you provide a troubleshoot file of your device after it tried connecting to OpenVPN?

EB.
by anonymous

I have regressed our test RUT955 to version R_00.06.07.05  

OpenVPN is working for me again on this build - it will not work with an uploaded
config file, you need to manually copy across the parameters from the config file.
but it will work with an uploaded PKCS12 certifcate.

OpenVPN cannot  - in my experience - be configured successfully from the RUT955
GUI using the R_00.06.07.07 firmware.

I have a post here from Sunday that goes into details of the issues observed. Teltonika
have yet to respond to it.

To prove your client config ,upload it to the router via SCP then open up a cli and run :

openvpn --client --config name_of_your_config file

If that works (the gui will say its still down) - it proves the issue is like mine - the GUI
does not interpret the config file correctly and is probably trying to resolve the host name as
IPV6 not IPV4 (even though IPV6 is turned off throughout the configuration)

Hope that helps move you forward

Regards

BB

by anonymous
Thanks @BigBloke

I don't have a config file? I'm trying to make a really simple system where multiple RUTs will have the same config, and whichever one I power up will connect.

I've followeed tutorials, been sent here there everywhere but not getting it.
by anonymous

@EB

"You mentioned RMS, did you lose your mobile connection after the update? Did you get it back?" Yes, it's back up

"Also, could you provide a troubleshoot file of your device after it tried connecting to OpenVPN?" Where do I get this file?

by anonymous
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Administration#Troubleshoot

Just make sure you download it after your router tried to connect to OpenVPN.

EB.