FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
296 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hey everyone, using an RUT240 with a Hikvision camera. I'm trying to achieve a light stream from the camera to the web browser. I had a look around the forum and I did find resources to setup the device with either Zerotier or VPN.

If I understand correctly, I can take above approaches to setup a live streaming within the RMS. Is right?

I'm open to any other suggestion with the RUT240 and Hikvision live stream.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It depends on what security on it you want. If you want it secure and only want VPN clients would have the access to your camera - go ahead and do it with any VPN (ZeroTier, OpenVPN, WireGuard..). What you will need though is a public IP on your SIM card as you cannot make a tunnel without one side of the connection having a public IP address..

As it might get too pricey for some people to pay for this Public IP service - we suggest using our RMS system which will allow you to create a remote connection from anywhere. Just register your device to RMS, buy some RMS credits and you should be able to use a remote connection to any devices connected to your RUT240, including the router itself of course.

With RMS it will be much easier, as you don't have to set up any VPN's and you will be able to share the link of the remote connected Hikvision camera to anybody you want.

EB.