FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
380 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a RUTX11 that was working perfectly for several months. I powered it off and when I powered it on it seemed to be stuck on boot with 3G and 4G led blinking (not at the same time). I powered it off and on again and it booted ok but the config was lost ! I tried to restore a backup config file but the RUTX only reboots with default config (it asks me to set a new admin password every time).

What happened ? I'm about to order 70 RUTX11 to install in buses but I am bit afraid of this behavior.

Any help appreciated.

Thank,

Brice

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Brice, 

For this issue of yours could you try doing a bootloader firmware upgrade?

You can do that by following the steps mentioned in this link: RUTX11 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) 
Latest firmware could be downloaded in this link: RUTX11 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi. I've done a firmware downgrade: UTX_R_00.02.06.1 to UTX_R_00.02.06 and it seems to fix the problem. NI need to do more tests.
by anonymous
Hello,

Is it via the device bootloader menu? Or the normal firmware upgrade?

Kindly test upgrading/re-flashing the firmware via the bootloader menu.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

Hi,

I did a bootloader firmware upgrade and after I successfully restored the last backup I had. It works. Thank you.

Do you know if this behavior is likely to happend again ? Have you a fix for this in your roadmap ?

thank you,

Brice

by anonymous
Hello,

For this one sometimes the device is upgraded with keeping the settings but some firmware changes may alter the config for each service and not all of it is wiped out. That is why it is best to don't keep settings in doing firmware upgrades to prevent errors but mostly it is fixed by doing bootloader menu firmware upgrades.

I will notify HQ for this kind of issue :)

Glad it worked.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Ok, thank you for this comment. Weird thing is that there is no update involved at the beginning, just a power off.
0 votes
by anonymous
I've exacty the same problem since one week! Same problem after reboot or power out. No solution found. It's very problematic for us. Firmware RUTX_R_00.02.06.1.

Some configurations are still in (PIN code,...), but the LAN, WiFi, password,... are reseted. Please, we need an urgent solution.