FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,393 views 5 comments
by anonymous

We're going to use RUT955 to provide comms from a 4-20mA level sensor.

If the ADC resolution, accuracy and sample frequency are good enough then we would like to use the RUT955 ADC like this https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Current_measurement_with_RUT955_analog_input to sample the signal directly (otherwise we will use a separate ADC device)

Please can you tell me the available ADC resolution and sample rate?
Also the accuracy (the ADC chip part number would help)
Is ADC connected to CPU via I2C etc?

Many thanks

by anonymous
heads Up!! we made a big mistake on a project!! Check your resistance value. If DC Supply is 24V & your 2 WIre Txer requires typically 12V then your leftover budget is only 12V for cable loss and measuring resistor.  So be sure you don't go too high for measuring resistance value. 250ohm or 500 ohm max.
We thought to be clever and use 1Kohm and realised later mistake.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you provide your router code it looks like RUT955 H7XXXX and can be found on other case side sticker? Also add router "Hardware revision" from WebUI Status -> Device window.
by
We will purchase a NEW router for this project

If it is easy for you, post the details for all versions. This will serve the forum community better :o)
by
The unit we use to test with in the office is: Model variant - RUT955 H7V180 and the Revision: 1105
by anonymous

Hi,

RUT955 ADC parameters:

• Resolution: 12-bits;
  • DNL: ±1 LSB maximum;
  • INL: ±2 LSB, maximum;
  • Offset Error: ±2 LSB, maximum;
  • Gain Error: ±3 LSB, maximum;
  • For the sample rate I'm not sure
by
I was wondering if by this time, the sample rate specifications are know for the RUT955.