FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
287 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi ! I’m using RUT 240(RUT), RUT2XX_R_00.01.14, onboard our boat and sometimes we are ”off grid”.  A local NTP server is installed and its clock is regulary updated from a GPS and always running. The server is running the prefered ”chrony” package.

The NTP server setup is working since another RPi, NTP client, is running the standard ”systemd-timesyncd” deamon and is synched. (But on the other hand they are using the same distro)

RUT have NTP enabled and works when we have Internet connection but dont like to sync when we are off grid. Reading the Q&A made me tick the ”Force server” box but i didnt help. 

Did a post about my NTP if that could help ? https://pysselilivet.********.com/2021/05/ntp-server-on-raspberry-linuxoffline.html

Any sugestions ?

Checking the Q&A I also found an earlier reported error where "Update interval..." is red for low values. Check picture.

Thanks, Mats 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I understand that your local Raspberry is connected directly to RUT240 and acts as a time server. I would like to ask you if RUT240 can ping the NTP server address that you have inserted in the Time Servers tab when RUT240 does not have access to the internet.

Regards
by anonymous

Hello.

Thanks for your replay, appreciated.

Yes the ping is working, please check pictures.

Tried to check the logs but didn't find anything. Could it be some certificates not matching ? 

/Mats

by anonymous

Hi ! 

Done some more checking and used a "chronyc" command to check if access from RUT is OK, and it is.

pi@zest:~ $ sudo chronyc accheck rut240 

208 Access allowed

Despite "Save time to flash" the last time is often not cached ? 

So still have the problem....

/Mats

by anonymous
Hi,

I noticed that you are using default NTP servers too, could you test if it works if you would use only your Raspberry server?

Regards
by anonymous

Hi !

"Using" standard NTP was a a slight exaggeration smiley but now it's installed and tested and it didn't do any change .....

BUT

when I put the local NTP Server, 192.168.254.10, as first server in the NTP Server list and then click on "Save" a SYNC IS DONE ! and the RUT is updated, once! This is done with no Internet connection.

BUT 

testing a little more it wasn't so nice...... Disconnecting the local NTP and doing a reboot of the RUT, connected to Internet, RUT is unfortunately NOT synching with the Internet NTP servers anymore.

So several testing hours later I'm still stuck !

Mats

by anonymous
Do you have any tips for a solution ?

Mats