FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,054 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have reset my router multiple times. I believe I have configured the settings correctly but Port Forwarding is not WORKING.

I am using EE sim card for the LTE WAN. I have tried multiple sim cards.

I cannot connect to the device itself using port forwarding or to the Lan device which I have configured

I have tested all the ports from here but they are always closed.

Can someone please help

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

First of all, it would be best to check what type of IP address are you getting from the EE Sim provider. Is it a Public or Private IP address? Next is to check the Firmware version you are using it seems you are on the latest one so it's all good. Then last is to check the LAN device you are forwarding the port if there is a firewall that is blocking access there. 

For the IP addressing reference you can refer to this link: Private and Public IP Addresses - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi Mellow,

I can confirm I have the latest firmware.

I can confirm I have a Public IP Address - Currently, I have 31.67.70.38

I can confirm the LAN devices are not behind a firewall, I have tested many devices, cameras, NAS boxes, my PC, and the Router itself.

Please help
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file of the said router via pm so that I can check.

Thank you

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

Troubleshoot File

Here it is.

by anonymous
Hi,

Kindly don't share your public IP publicly to prevent security issues. I tried reaching that IP address but it's not reachable. Could you try inserting the sim card into your mobile phone and check if network connectivity is available.

The port-forwarding rule will not work if the outside devices are not able to reach the router's public IP address.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hi, sure.

I have tried 3 different sims in the router - Same problem.

I have tried the sim in question on my mobile phone and I have full data connectivity.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi,

Regarding this issue of yours, it would be best if the said IP address is reachable from the outside world but trying to ping it from my side it's not giving any responses. Could we have a short remote session for this one?

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hi to all,

Same issue for me. I tested the SIM (Static & Public IP) with a RUT240 and it works perfect. But with the RUTX09 it is impossible.

Do anyone has an example/how to create a port forwarding rule?. I dont know with this Router is not working.

Thanks