FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
567 views 2 comments
by anonymous

I use RUTX09 with RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 FW.

I am pretty sure there is an issue when a new SIM card is used with a different PIN code as previous one despite the SIM configuration is correctly updated. As a consequence I get several times the PIN locked in the SIM card, so very painful issue. To rid of this issue, I finally decided to always put the same PIN code on every SIM card before to introduce it into my RUTX09. Unfortunatly this issue is not so easy to charcterized and it looks like it takes some time to get systematically the correct PIN code applied to it, as if something remains from the previous configuration some times before to be finally cleaned up.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you contacting.

Have you tried checking the sim card on another device and if you are able to change the PIN on other device without any issues ?

Did you tried both the sim slots if both acts same?

Also did you tried some other different sim cards , may be different ISP if it works ?

Could you retry after re-flashing the firmware in boot loader mode?

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=RUTXxx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous

@Ahmed, thanks for your interest to my issue.

"Have you tried checking the sim card on another device and if you are able to change the PIN on other device without any issues ?"
Yes, I reset PIN lock and change PIN in anaother device.

"Did you tried both the sim slots if both acts same?"
Yes if I remember correctly I got issue on SIM1 and SIM2.

"Also did you tried some other different sim cards , may be different ISP if it works ?"
I get same issue with 2 different SIM cards, first time replacing Orange France SIM card by Free France one, and a second time by replacing SFR France SIM card by Orange France one.

"Could you retry after re-flashing the firmware in boot loader mode?"
I would like to avoid any risk of a significant router outage. Also router location is quite difficult to access and to reproduce issue I would need to access it physicaly in order to change SIM card in slots.
For my information what is the purpose to flash the same FW from boot loader mode ?

FYI, not sure if there is any relationship with the issue, but when I switch from one SIM slot to the other one, I apply a specific profile for which the SIM I target is the default SIM (I used then 2 profiles where the only difference is default SIM slot). I used this way for switching SIM cards for a long time without any issue with 2 SIM cards not sharing same PIN. I got issue only when I replaced a SIM card with another one with a different PIN, but I think it is worth to know how I swicth from one SIM slot to the other, as this is when I performed this switch operation I got PIN issue (SIM doesn't connect and then I was able to observe in another device the PIN is locked due to some erronous PIN entries, while in the corresponding SIM profile the PIN code is correctly filled)

by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Firmware upgrade through bootloader :

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=RUTXxx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

May i get the troubleshoot file for the device in DM? click on my name and you will see option to send private message.

You can download it in System>Administration>Troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed