FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
219 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Configuration:

Network > VLAN > create new port-based VLAN, 50, TAGGED on LAN1

Network > Interfaces > create new interface, STATIC type, BRIDGED, and bridged using eth0 and eth0.50

BUG: Status > Realtime Data  >Traffic -  shows the same interface twice; one shows data the other does not.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this one, I think you configured it the wrong way because when you are configuring port-based VLAN you will bridge the interface with the VLAN interface you created like eth0.50 to prevent conflicts. Then you will just select untagged instead of tagged. 

Tagged interface will be used for Interface Based VLAN :) 

You can refer to this link for more information: RUTX09 VLAN - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

But for the duplicated tab in Realtime Data, I am able to replicate the issue from my side and I will inform HQ about this. 

Thank you for sharing this information with us :) 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Thanks Mellow. However I'm confused :) My whole LAN is connected into LAN1 port on the RUTX09, and if I try to add a new VLAN on the port-based VLAN screen, and I leave the setting as untagged, I get error saying I already have an untagged VLAN on that port. What might I be missing?

The rest of my kit - Ubiquiti switches - will add the tags.
by anonymous

Hello, 

You need to turn off  LAN 1 as untagged in VLAN ID 1 :) 

It should be like this: 

If the image is blurred you can check this link: https://prnt.sc/132vvwb

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Sorry if this a silly question, but won't that also switch off other traffic?

My setup consist of:

192.168.1.0/24, no VLAN
192.168.50.0/24, VLAN 50

All of this is defined n my LAN, and my LAN is connected to LAN1 port on the RUTX09. I always understood that VLAN1 and "no VLAN" were basically the same, so if follow your screenshot, won't this allow ONLY the VLAN50 traffic, and not also the rest of my "no VLAN" traffic?
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes, only the VLAN 50 will be on port 1 but no VLAN will be on port 2 and 3.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Many thanks, okay so I'll need to add a second connection from Ubiquiti switch to the RUTX09. Thanks, I will give this a go.

Many thanks for your help :)