FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
357 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I need to configure a static IP contracted on a MOVISTAR mobile line. In theory by indicating in APN internetestatico.movistar.es User MOVISTAR and password MOVISTAR, should connect, but I can not do it with the router RUT955, Can you help me?

I also tried with other APN "movistar.es" without static IP, and also doesn't connect.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Have you tried inserting the sim card into another device to double-check if the sim card is connecting to the said APN network? 
Also, could you try updating the firmware of your RUT955 to the latest firmware available without keeping the settings? 

The latest firmware could be downloaded at this link: RUT955 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If the issue still persists when you update the firmware kindly share with a copy of the troubleshoot file you can download it by navigating from the Web UI Systems > Administration > Troubleshoot 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Yes, it has been tested on a mobile phone and works correctly. I have also tried removing the PIN of the SIM and it still does not connect. It has both antennas connected for mobile connection. All tests have been carried out with the latest firmware.
by anonymous

Hi, 

Kindly do this part:

If the issue still persists when you update the firmware kindly share with a copy of the troubleshoot file you can download it by navigating from the Web UI Systems > Administration > Troubleshoot 

Regards,
Mellow

0 votes
by anonymous

Here you have the troubleshoot file:

I forget to mention that I have the same result with both SIM caddies and in auto for the APN. Here you can see two screenshots of the APN configuration and the mobile status:

by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for the provided information. I will check this and I will let you know the results.

Would it be possible also for you to try using a different SIM Card from a different provider just to check.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
I finally fixed it. First I had to do a factory reset from the web interface, which made it worse because it wouldn't let me enter the web, but after doing another factory reset by connecting via ssh and launching the factory reset from the text interface it finally worked again and I was able to configure the APN without any problem.