FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
523 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi there,

I'm new to Teltonika hardware but I have used Open WRT in the past.

I would like to setup a VPN on the router that I can connect to while I am in the office using preferably WireGuard if not Open VPN will do. I was sent some guides by the pre-sales from the place I purchased the unit but the examples seem to be for setting up VPN's between two RUTX series routers rather than using one as a VPN server for users connecting to from outside.

Has anyone got a guide I could follow to setup for 4 users to be able to connect? Along with possibly allowing spilt tunneling so not all traffic goes out of the office internet connection?

Cheers

Sash

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the Traffic Split for VPN, I would like you to refer to this link for the guide: OpenVPN traffic split - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

For the Wireguard configuration you can refer to this link: WireGuard Configuration Example - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps :) 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Sorry to be painful but this guide is what I've already looked at. I don't want to setup a Tunnel between two devices.

I want to setup a VPN where the router puts the VPN client into a subnet and hands them a DHCP address etc like connecting to a work place?
by anonymous
Hello,

Then if you want to set up a VPN like acting as a bridge network then you can do it by OpenVPN Tapped-Bridge mode. You will be in the same subnet for this and you can reach everything like you are on a local basis. If this is not what you want to implement it would be best to draw and sketch a network diagram that you want to implement for us to guide you properly.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Yep that sounds like what we want to do.

I will look that up in the OPen VPN guides you posted earlier unless there's another more specific guide?
by anonymous
Hi,

Kindly refer to these links:

DHCP Relay test: https://mega.nz/file/PwlQkKZY#HCiR7WC0NG-OUsTel1sW8tSYa96QcVNjYBDLIzSIMns
Manual OpenVPN: https://mega.nz/file/791Q0CgC#HYITDYxRx-bfX_JDWkmmdh_KaryvPDOuH1BTr0qTMhk

The said documents are for RUT9 but will be same with RUTX10

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
I've followed the guide even though it uses tunnel mode (i've changed it to bridge)

I can connect and get an IP from the subnet of the RUTX10 but no traffic flows and i can't access anything? any ideas?
by anonymous
Hi,

It would be best to check the configuration of your RUTX10 also make sure there are no duplicated IP addresses it must be all unique. Make sure the VPN network is running and everything is properly configured.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
There is no VPN network all i see is LAN and WAN as interfaces after following the guide to enable the openvpn server..

the router is pretty much blank config using PPOE for connecting to the internet which works fine.