FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,527 views 3 comments
by
We plan to use the RUT950 with a VPN as serviceaccesspoint to our machines, to replace the older WRTs. Since our machinery mostly is involved in developing areas.. there is often no internet except some Wifi or Mobile Network. then we upgraded firmware (5.0.3.) ... and the wifi startet to hung up itself. with the newest firmware (5.0.4) now it works a little better but still we are sometimes unnable to connect on the 3rd or 4th cellphone hotspot already. And if we have parrallel a Accesspoint konfigured, to forward that little bit of networkconnectivity to other parts of the plant we find also that the Wifi is sometimes not accessible. is there a stable Firmware 4 Wifi and VPN ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You can try to upgrade your firmware to the newest available by visiting at:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware
by
aside from another Firmware(since we are stuck at the same loop since RUT500)... lets see what happened:

step 1 downloaded a firmwareupdate to that version with keep all settings => Rut950 established connection to internet and VPN. a second comparisondevice also connected to VPN.

step2 disconnect the wifi source and connect it again => already at step2 the router didnt show any wifi and didnt connect . after 30 mins restarted the wifi manually (what is not possible in actual use) the RUT950 connected again

step 3 repeat step disconnection of source and when wifi gets stuck remove power and repower RUT 950 ( categorized as possible workaround to move this issue from critical to normal ) Rut 950 did reconnect.

i dont mention the several steps that are all around loosing range or getting strong disturbance. the result was similar barely solvable with power down and up again.

step 9 change of sourcedevice  again need workaround to power down.

upgrading firmware without keeping settings : again original companypassword not possible since declared unsafe (who cares ? we are talking about places where they cant operate properly a cellphone...)

router ask again if i want to cennect to rms . no way

naturally to add wifi as station i have to scan and cant just insert the data.

step11 again source turning off => again identical as step1...

the rest also was same. the critical issue list didnt get one ok-mark more and i really think this kind of joke shouldnt even mention automotive .. where WIFI source changes every 30 -50 m to a better quality source while the old source is still active.

And changing the firmware so extremly often will not actually remove the need of testing and work.

I need to deliver a solution, i need the last firmware where development didnt just play around. Not the betatesterstuff that might be able to handle some gimmick but is heavily failing at BASICS.
by anonymous
To be honest it is very confusing what you try to accomplish here. Can I get the topology of your network?
by
Topology is only a Point to point network on Wifi, and the cellphone is the point that then connects to internet, just that the cellphone may change.so one point may dissapear and another point may appear.

The condition to let the router use the WIFI are the SSID and the security setting.

Not really complex, and alot easier than in automotive needs.

What we try to accomplish is to remove all open points on the critical issue list, then router can be installed. Or you want to know whats the purpose of the reachable VPN-Endpoint ? We need it to be able to connect Programming Envoirment to ECU in case of malfunctioning.

Just some simple 360°testing before selling a machine without the old router we use now. (reason to change router we use would be : Mobile network)