FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
326 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have set ospf default route propagation on the RUT955 using CLI as this configuration item is not available using the graphical interface. The process is below. However, the configuration doesn't stay saved, which makes no sense. In some instances running the same command in CLI I could see the configuration in the ospfd.conf and ospfd.conf.sav and then again in some instances is wasn't in the ospfd.conf.sav. What am I doing wrong? Also, why is the command "show running-config" not working?

root@Teltonika-RUT950:~# vtysh                                                                                     

Hello, this is Quagga (version 1.2.4).                                  

Copyright 1996-2005 Kunihiro Ishiguro, et al.                                                                   

Teltonika-RUT950.com# conf t                                                                          

Teltonika-RUT950.com(config)# router ospf                                

Teltonika-RUT950.com(config-router)# default-information originate                 

Teltonika-RUT950.com(config-router)# end                                                                          

Teltonika-RUT950.com# write                                       

Building Configuration...                                        

Configuration saved to /etc/quagga/zebra.conf                              

Configuration saved to /etc/quagga/ospfd.conf                              

[OK]    

Teltonika-RUT950.com# exit

root@Teltonika-RUT950:~# cd /etc/quagga/

root@Teltonika-RUT950:/etc/quagga# ls

ospfd.conf ospfd.conf.sav zebra.conf zebra.conf.sav

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It's because quagga is always newly generated on new service start or restart.

To change the settings of it so they would generate differently - you can find the initial script in /etc/init.d/quagga

Change it to your needs.

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks for the comment.

I checked this and have to say it is a messy way to handle this, as it shouldn't be done like that as you need to know what you are doing with the script that is not very clear. Not being able to retain saved settings using available commands is a bug, so Teltonika should treat it like that.

What I did to fix this was editing the configuration using CLI, download the config file (/etc/quagga/ospfd.conf ), and uploaded it using web management interface under the Network > Routing > Dynamic Routes > OSPF Protocols > Import config.