FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
241 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I am trying to connect my RUT950 to the Belgian Telenet 4G network.  However, all that i have tried fails.

SIM card gets recognized, i added the PUK and PIN code ; did the mobile network setup with the telenet settings as advertised on their website.  Using the SIM card in a phone does work..

APN : telenetwap.be ; MCC = 206 MNC= 05 ; PAP ;

There is no field to set the APN type in the RUT950 interface.

Anyone tried this before ?

Regards,

Frank

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this query of yours, you are trying to find out where to put the APN manually in RUT950 right? 

You can do so by navigating to Network > Mobile in the Web UI of the router. 

Now you will be able to see a small check box Auto APN once you uncheck it a textbox will appear from there you can put the APN name. 

You can refer to this link for the image: Networking_rut_manual_mobile_general_mobile_configuration_dualsim_1.png (960×548) (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi Mellow,

Actually no, i am aware of the apn configuration parameters.  Now, i did a full factory reset and now it works.  Only remaining issue the speed wich is crap..barely 2Mb/s.. i suspect a reception issue.  (and i know it is not the router's fault as i had this on another provider where i easily got 45+Mb/s).  Unless there are some specific settings i need to additionally change to improve performance..

So back to studying the rut950's documentation and see if there is anything else that i can change..

Regards,

Frank
by anonymous

Hello Frank, 

For the slow network connectivity what you can do is check the mobile signal parameters shown in Status > Network > Mobile tab and compare it with the said parameters mentioned in this link: Mobile Signal Strength Recommendations - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps. 

Regards,
Mellow