FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
243 views 4 comments
by anonymous
When building the firmware for the RUTX09 with the provided SDK, I am able to build a firmware (which contains libpcap in version 0.8) ... the firmware installed on my device contains version libpcap in version 1.0. As soon as I pull in the upstream changes, I would theoretically build a firmware with verison 1.0.

The problem I am now facing is that "luasec" in version 0.6 seems to be incompatible and i would need to update it to 0.7 (I've tried that and it works). The problem is I don't need the entire LUA system and would rather start stripping down the system to only the stuff I need. As the device will be acting as an Edge IoT gateway and not a router, I would like to remove a lot of stuff from it. Unfortunately almost everything is "locked" as something seems to be depending on it. I started searching for the DEPENDS and building a list of things depending on a given package, but this is a very huge pile of work and some times it doesn't even help. In one case I got a ring dependency and even disabling all elements of the ring in the .config didn't help and the system just re-enabled it.

With the RUT955 device I have stripping down the firmware was a lot simpler.

Help greatly appreciated.

Chris

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

In our SDK you should find an option called: Teltonika device options, in there you will see a lot of selection that could be changed, but the thing that could be causing you your issue is called: Teltonika core packages and Teltonika core networking packages. You can try disabling other packages too if you feel a need to disable them.

Hopefully, that's simple enough, because RUT955 and RUTX SDK's haven't changed a lot from each other.

EB.
Best answer
by anonymous
Unfortunately this was my first thought and I checked and I didn't see any lua or email related options there. I think I even disabled everything in there and still couldn't disable the parts I wanted to get rid of.

If someone could explain which mechanisms menuconfig uses to lock an entry. Like: Make a list of all activated modules and their DEPENDENCY entries? (But there must be more) ... I could possibly build something that gobbles up all the modules and build a graph ... then I would have "alltheoptions". Anyone got any pointers on this?
by anonymous
Hello,

Look at the Config-tlt.in in the ./config directory, a lot of packages are selected by default and therefore "locked" you'll need to edit this file to change/remove subsystems.

Regards,
by anonymous
Well the problem is that it seems as if the dependencies aren't modeled in a nice form. For example: I don't need or want LUA ... I even want to get rid of LUCI. So the problems I'm having with luasec, I need to disable lua-pop3 in order to disable that. However I need to disable email_to_sms in order to disable lua-pop3 and in order to disable email_to_sms I need to disable the complete mobile support in the teltonika module section.

There are a lot of other artifacts that I don't need or want, but in order to disable them, I need to throw overboard whole subsystems which I actually would want to use.
by anonymous
Turns out that all of the selections in the menu "Teltonika device options" are defined in config/Config.tlt.in ... having a look at the contents of this file, it seems that these entries don't have any code behind them, all they do is select a number of other packages. So in general I can deselect all of them and then manually select what I need. It's a bit unfortunate, that I need to manually select everything that was selected by the proxy entries and then can start deselecting, but at least as soon as I've done that, I can start stripping down my firmware.
0 votes
by anonymous
deleted this ... as after a refresh of the page the other history showed up again