FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
884 views 8 comments
by anonymous
We have purchased 3 RUT950J...from USA reseller
[Firmware version]
RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.4
[Bootloader version]

We are using Optus mobile (Australia sims) with global roaming enabled, 2 of the devices registered onto the t-mobile network - auto discovered the custom APN and data connection came up - however one of the RUT devices would not register - I swapped a sim that we know is working from the other device but could not get it to register / connect. I purchased another RUT950 thinking we had bad hardware but same result!

Please help - I have all logs etc...of a working device and the non working devices....
by anonymous
Hi Mellow - we may just have to retun the 4 RUT950's to the supplier as there does not seem to be any consistancy in the units ability to connect to the mobile network out of the box - 2 connect perfectly with zero config, the next 2 cannot connect...you have some issue with your devices and at this stage you cannot help me reoslve in a timley manner....this is an important business application we are supporting and the untits do not appear to be business grade out of the factory....
by anonymous
Hello,

Sorry to hear that but I would like to request a remote session with the said devices kindly provide the network connectivity to the said devices via Wired WAN.

Let me know whenever you available between these date and timings. Sunday - Thursday 10AM-12PM Dubai Time.

Regards,
Mellow

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue of yours could you try upgrading the firmware to the latest available one and check if the issue still persists. It is best during the FW upgrade you untick the Keep all settings information to prevent config conflicts. 

Here a link where you can download the latest firmware for RUT950: RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi Mellow- upgraded firmware as requested  - still will not connect to mobile network with either Auto APN or the APN enterned as custom. I have swapped over a sim from an identical working unit..thoughts?

thanks
by anonymous

Hi, 

Could you try reflashing the firmware via bootloader menu you can do it by following the steps mentioned in this link: 

RUT950 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) 
Note: use http://192.168.1.1/index.html not the uboot one

The latest firmware could be downloaded at this link: 6.08.2
RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If the issue still persists let me know also a copy of the troubleshoot file after the bootloader firmware re-flash will be a great help. 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi Mellow,

Firmware reflashed via bootloader - still will not connnect to mobile network - we can switch the sim into one of the other RUT950 and works perfectly so we know it is not the SIM provisioning. Can I attach system log and troubleshoot file from a working and the non working unit and send to you? I have emailed the files to you....

thanks

Wayne
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes, kindly share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file. But before getting the troubleshoot file I want you to do this thing first.
Reboot the router then let it stay on 3-5mins and after that download the troubleshoot file from the device.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hi Mellow - how do I email you? Do you receive emails on the crowd support email address? Really need to sort this out as qucikly as possible as the alternative is to purchase other routers that work consistantly...pls let me know regarding email address as I have already sent all the logs to the corwd support address???
by anonymous
Hi,

You can send it via Private message click my account name and send private message :)

Regards,
Mellow