FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
434 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hey,

i am beginner and set up an easy vpn on aws with that link:

https://www.webdigi.co.uk/blog/2015/how-to-setup-your-own-private-secure-free-vpn-on-the-amazon-aws-cloud-in-10-minutes/

it is an amazon instance with elastic ip (that i added)  or how they call it. I can connect to it easlily with any iphone just entering ip adress l2tp username password and secret. Also works with windows laptops, no problem. I cannot however connect with teltonika rutx12 as client. I tried all settings and set up every detail as amazon is expecting it about dh group, timings etc but it doesnt work. unfortunately i dont understand everything i am doing but so far it has been so easy with any device but rutx12 now took 2 days of my life away and it still wont work. I read in the forum and all the examples, was setting up l2tp client as in example and ipsec as well. No luck.I played around with firewall and ports but no. No difference if i use the sim card for internet (cg nat) or my DSL as wan.

I wanna smash that stupid box, except, well, that someone can tell me why it doesnt work. Thank you

Chris
by anonymous

here are the screenshots of settings in rutx12

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you send me all your VPN server details and attach your current RUTX12 configuration details? I would like to test this service myself and figure out what could be the cause of this issue.

Regards.
by anonymous
You want me to send my login data for vpn? Really?

I wanted to send screenshots of configuration but need to wait 1 hour cause too many uploads. Do I need to upload each pic individually???
by anonymous
Hello,

Just share your configuration pictures, but only relevant ones where I could review all settings. You can blur out sensitive data.

Regards.