FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
412 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I just bought a TSW100. I have a tp-link EAP225-outdoor unit which I use as an accespoint in my network. This unit works OK from my other POE switch (Linksys LGS108P), but it will not work from the TSW100. Other units like my laptop and my outdoor camera are working OK from the TSW100. I have check the cable, also used a shorter cable incase it was not enough power from the switch. Both units specifices that they supports 802.3af/802.3at, so I need some help in understanding why the tp-link is not working from this switch. The TSW100 is from batch 8.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you maybe find some other device that supports 802.3af/802.3at and try connecting it to TSW100? This way we will see if that's with all devices or just only particularly EAP225.

Also, you might want to swap cables too.

EB.
by anonymous
I have my Hikvision camera (https://www.hikvision.com/en/products/IP-Products/Network-Cameras/Pro-Series-EasyIP-/DS-2CD2185FWD-I-S-/)  connected to it, so it looks like it manage to power that one. The camera is the only other POE unit I have. I have tried different cables with different lengths, but it will not power that unit regardless of the cable. The EAP225 works with the passive injector that came with that unit and as mentioned is the beginning it is powered over the cable from the Linksys switch, but not by this switch.
by anonymous
It would mean that TSW100 is working as expected. Could you tell me if you're using the passive injector when connecting to TSW100 or did you try to connect to TSW without it?

EB.
by anonymous

The TP-Link EAP225 is now connected to the TSW100 using the passive injector that came with and it works OK that way. I have not got it work without the passive injector. I have tried to connected by itself to the switch in case there was a power issue, but the result is the same.

My problem with using the passive injector is that I bought this switch for it wide temperature operating range as it is to be located in the attic and the injector doesn't have the same operating range. So I need to find a solution where I can remove it, so I would very much like find a solution where it can get power from the switch. My Linksys LGS108P managed to power the TP-Link unit up, so why not this switch? The Hikvision camera camera doesn't have a passive injector if that was part of your question.