FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
511 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I have the RUT240 (verizon version). I have a Visible Wireless SIM that works well in several devices, including a Verizon MiFi 8800L jetpack, as long as I use the appropriate APN ("VSBLINTERNET"). However, I'm having trouble getting this to work in the RUT240 using that same APN setting in the "custom APN" field. Is there some trick to this?

I found some mention of this in other posts, but no suitable solution.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all, check if the router is on the latest firmware version.

Then, you might want to check if the APN that you use is really the one that you need.

Make sure you screwed the antennas tightly and the signal is good in the location of RUT240.

What is the signal of RUT240?

Is it connected to an operator or it shows as unregistered?

Have you tried calling the operator and asking what do they see from their side?

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks for your response. Yes, antennas are tight, and the signal is good. It can find operator "Visible" on the appropriate bands, however it cannot connect to the operator (automatically or manually).
by anonymous
Hi,

Then I would imagine that operator could be blocking you from connecting. Could you call in with them and ask what they see on their side?

EB.