FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,953 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi There,

With the RUT950 you can choose '4G Only'. Then you have the option full forced LTE.

What exactly is the difference?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Simply by selecting Network -> Mobile -> General -> SIM1 -> Service mode you specify the preference of the network you want to connect. If you decide to chose "4G (LTE) only", then you would connect only to 4G network. If you enable "Force LTE network" then you would force connection to LTE network. "Re-register" function would enable the modem to re-register before trying to connect to an LTE network. "Interval (sec)" would give you the function to determine the time between attempts to connect to the LTE network.

You can find more information at: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Mobile#Force_LTE_network

by
Thanks for the quick response.
It is not entirely clear to me.
Because what exactly is the difference when only 4G (LTE) only is chosen without the Force LTE network option?
It's both about the same function as I read it now? What happens differently at a detailed level?
0 votes
by
Anyone else or is there anybody available from Teltonika support?
by
Hi,

If you select automatic mode and force LTE function, then router always tries to force re-connection and if will be available, router will connect to LTE network.

It helps when router is in moving transport, because for example if router is in area where 4G is not available and router comes to area where 4G appears, then this feature makes faster re-connection / force to LTE network.
by anonymous

This is a better answer. Thanks for this.

If I can piggy back on this ticket,

I have my RUT950s on Auto and Force LTE disabled. The device is constantly going in and out of reception and I notice that sometimes it doesn't regain comms until a periodic reboot. I think the Force LTE option might improve the situation.

1. Could Teltonika provide a difference in functionality between Auto and Force LTE?
  2. I have played with the Force LTE option in the office a bit and couldn't see any logs of the device attempting to reconnect. Are there any logs?
  3. With the Force LTE option, does it only attempt reconnection if it does not have LTE reception? or does it constantly reconnect even if it has perfect LTE reception?
Thanks