FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
940 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I see lots of related questions here but none seem to resolve my specific issue:

1. I have wifi working fine

2. I have a cable from LAN1 to a 8-way switch to which I have connected a variety of domestic devices e.g. XBOX1/PS4/PhilipsHue/desktopPC - none of which have any internet connection

3. I have multiple wifi devices inc phones/4xAlexa/Laptop/etc - all have good internet connection

4. I initially plugged my switch into the WAN which did get some limited internet access BUT apparently not on the same SSID

What should I be using as setting to resolve this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For the issue you are having I would like you to answer the following questions: 

1. I have wifi working fine. -> May I know which WiFi are you pointing out is it the RUT955 or you want to give internet to RUT955 through WiFi? 

2. I have a cable from LAN1 to a 8-way switch to which I have connected a variety of domestic devices e.g. XBOX1/PS4/PhilipsHue/desktopPC - none of which have any internet connection -> May I know if this 8-way switch is a managed switch or just a unmanaged switch? 

3. I have multiple wifi devices inc phones/4xAlexa/Laptop/etc - all have good internet connection -> So this one is connected to RUT955 WiFi Network?  

4. I initially plugged my switch into the WAN which did get some limited internet access BUT apparently not on the same -> You connected the 8-way switch to the WAN port of RUT955? To give you much more information the WAN port of the device is used to provide network connectivity to the RUT955 itself. 

5. Have you checked the LAN devices is they are able to get an IP addresses from the RUT955? Could you try connecting one of the said LAN device directly to RUT955 and check if it will get connectivity because there is a chance that the switch you are connecting is causing the issue

6. Lastly, could you configure the router as follows: 
    - Navigate to Network > LAN > DHCP Server > Advance Settings 
    -  In DHCP Option type this: 6,8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 
    - Save settings and try rebooting the device

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
1. the WIFI from the RUT955 is working fine and supporting all my wireless devices. The issue is that none of the LAN connected devices are getting interent

2. The Switch is unmanaged

3. yes (as above all my WIFI/Wireless connections are working from the RUT955 without issue)

4. yes I understand that now - and it wasn't intentional... I don't have any WAN or alternative internet for the building at this time

5. I've tried this via my XBOX1 and I was unable to get an IP address

6. Just run through the settings described and no effect
by anonymous
1. the WIFI from the RUT955 is working fine and supporting all my wireless devices. The issue is that none of the LAN connected devices is getting internet

2. The Switch is unmanaged

3. yes (as above all my WIFI/Wireless connections are working from the RUT955 without issue)

4. yes I understand that now - and it wasn't intentional... I don't have any WAN or alternative internet for the building at this time

5. I've tried this via my XBOX1 and I was unable to get an IP address

6. Just run through the settings described and no effect
by anonymous

Hello, 

Could you double-check if the RUT955 is having a working LAN port, you can do so by double-checking if there are LED lights with the LAN port you are connecting. And also you can check if RUT955 is detecting there is a LAN port inserting in the UI by navigating to Status > Network > LAN

If RUT955 is not detecting it could you try to re-flash the firmware via bootloader mode you can do it by following the steps mentioned in this link: RUT955 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Note: Use http://192.168.1.1/index.html not the uboot one. 

Let me know the results. 

Regards,
Mellow