FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
746 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I've recently got a RUT950 and been using it with two different SIM cards successfully. However, when I ordered a new one (which should have a public IP, unlike the other two), I ran into some problems. On default settings, with auto APN, no operator is recognised and there is no connection at all. However, if I put custom APN, there is a 3G connection but still no operator or Internet access.

When searching for operators, the operator that I should have (Net1.se) does not appear on the list, and for the operators that do appear on the list, I can't register with.

I can't try the SIM card on other devices because I don't have any that I can put a standard size SIM into.

Edit: I did contact my provider about this issue first and they replied saying I should contact Teltonika since they don't support this specific router model.

Can you help me, please?

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the issue of yours, you mentioned this "I've recently got a RUT950 and been using it with two different SIM cards successfully. meaning this RUT950 is working with the other sim cards only the new sim card you ordered from your mobile carrier is not working. In this case, I would like you to configure the router as follows. 

1. Make sure that the device is running on the latest firmware available in this link: RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

2. I would like you to do a device hard reset. You can do so by holding the Reset Button behind the router using a pin for around 15 secs you will see the LED lights of RUT950 will light up every second. 

3. After the device reset is done configure the router as the default settings of the SIM card (Don't select Auto APN) just input the APN manually. 

4. After everything is configured reboot the router. Once it's back online and you can access the Web UI wait 2-3 mins and get a copy of the troubleshoot file of the router you can get it from System > Administration > Troubleshoot

I will be waiting for the copy of the troubleshoot file

Regards,
Mellow

0 votes
by anonymous
This is a late answer, but I finally found what the issue is.

There was nothing wrong with the router or the SIM card. The problem is that this provider uses 450 MHz frequency and the router doesn't support that. So my solution will be to get a SIM card from another provider.

Thank you very much for the help!