FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,317 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Good morning all,

Im currently trying to set up a RUT240 to access an automation network.

I have configured a PPTP server but im unable to see any devices on the network once connected to the VPN.

If the automation network occupies 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.200, my understanding says the router LAN IP will need to be out of this range ( example 192.168.1.205) . Is that correct?

The local IP on the PPTP setup and the remote IP ranges, what would the IPs be for those? Would the PPTP local ip be 192.168.1.205?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes, you would need to put your RUT240 LAN IP into another subnet and make DHCP take over that subnet for itself. If you put it in your automation network subnet - it will not work.

So you should have no issues with setting your RUT240 LAN IP to 192.168.2.1 and subnet 192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.254 or something..

PPTP on other hand is creating its own virtual IP range, so it should be one more subnet, in this case, you can use something like 192.168.3.1, 192.168.3.20 - 192.168.3.30..

More information could be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/PPTP_configuration_examples

Hope this helps.

EB.
by anonymous
Hello, thank you for your support.

Unfortunately im still unable to get this set up to work correctly. Am i correct in saying i need to set up the PPTP as a server? or would it be a client.

my current network flow is Laptop connection to the VPN then plc directly connected on the LAN port. Is this correct or will the PLC need to be connected to a switch for it to work?

Thanks in advance
by anonymous

It depends on your topology. If you're trying to access something with RUT240 - then it should be a client. If you're trying to access RUT240 and things connected to it - it should be a server.

And could you please elaborate on the thing you said "my current network flow is Laptop connection to the VPN then plc directly connected on the LAN port. Is this correct or will the PLC need to be connected to a switch for it to work?" thing, cause now I'm confused, are you trying to connect the PLC straight to your Laptop's LAN port?