FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
126 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi there
Please help if you can. I basically want to connect to the office LAN from outside(WAN).I have a RUT240 Openvpn server which is connected to the office/corporate LAN. The first hurdle i see is that the RUT240 gets a private IP address once connected to the LAN. Same problem really even when assigned manually. I don't see how it will be possible to reach my Openvpn server via the internet. Is this set up even feasible? What is the best way to implement this solution? Bare minimum i can do port forwarding on the corporate firewall so that packets arriving at the corporate router/firewall can be forwarded to the RUT240.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the issue, you are having in order to run an OpenVPN server inside your office where your RUT240 is getting network connectivity and getting a Private IP address from the office main router. What you need to do is ask your IT guy if your office network is having a Public IP address available then if yes you need to ask him to do port-forwarding to the RUT240 Private IP address assigned by the main router of your office network the default port of OpenVPN is 1194 so if you want to stick with that it should work.

Regards,
Mellow
Best answer
by anonymous
thanks Mellow

will do so. I know for sure we do have a public IP address; even better, static/fixed.