FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
290 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I currently have various Blue Puck T sensors sending data from a RUTX11 to a MQTT server using 'Data to Server' Feature. I can subscribe to the topics within the MQTT server and view the data with no problem.

Problem 1:I want to scan all BLE devices in an area and send them back the results to the MQTT server.

Problem 2: I have a third party beacon that supports iBeacon protocol but when I pair it to the RUTX11 and subscribe to it's topic to view the data, it is blank . I have also done a TCP dump and found no traffic which indicates to me that no data is being sent through. Yes I can ping the remote server from the RUTX11. Why would this be the case?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding this problem of  yours:

Problem 1:I want to scan all BLE devices in an area and send them back the results to the MQTT server.
-> As of now, there is no way to execute a command via MQTT to make the router execute the scan command and send the result to your MQTT server. So this may require some firmware changes or additional scripting.  In short research and development may be required.

Problem 2: I have a third-party beacon that supports iBeacon protocol but when I pair it to the RUTX11 and subscribe to its topic to view the data, it is blank. I have also done a TCP dump and found no traffic which indicates to me that no data is being sent through. Yes, I can ping the remote server from the RUTX11. Why would this be the case?

-> As of now, the router is supporting BLE sensors that are from ELA. But for the 3rd party BLE sensors, it may be not supported yet.

So to sum it up your request requires us additional research and development so it would be best if you communicate with your sales account manager for this :)

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Thanks Mellow

Is there anyway for the RUTX11 to execute the scan command and send the results?