FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
152 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have an IPSEC tunnel up and running from one RUT955 to another RUT955 and Serial RS232 messages are coming across without issue. I have the tunnel setup as in this example, https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/IPsec_configuration_examples , the issue is, I cannot get any other device on the local private network to send or receive data through the tunnel. Not sure if this is a firewall issue or just how I have my tunnel setup.

I also am noticing that if I change my protocol inside the RS232 setup page from TCP to UDP, I no longer get data to flow. As soon as I change it back to TCP, the data will flow through the tunnel no issues. Not sure if that is also a firewall issue or some other feature I need to setup.

I am also reading this, https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/NATTraversal , but am confused and do not know which Strongswan RUT955 is using. I am up to date on all firmwares,

Anything helps,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For the mentioned point on how to check what IPsec version is RUT955 running you can check it by executing this command in CLI: "ipsec version"

Now for the TCP and UDP flow would it be possible to provide me some information on how everything is connected and more details on what you are trying to achieve it would be best if you can also share some screenshots of the data you are receiving in TCP mode.

A copy of the router's troubleshoot file will be helpful too. It will help me understand what are you trying to do.

Thank you :)

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for the response, I am trying to setup a site to site ipsec tunnel, so private network on each side using different private ip's, 192.168.5.0/24 ipsec tunnel to 192.168.4.0/24. I am currently using the RS232 integrated into the RUT955 router to send serial data from site to site without issue, using the TCP option. I can see ESP data flowing within WireShark, so I know the data is being encrypted.  The next step would be to send UDP messages from software we are running from one private site to the other through the tunnel. The UDP messages are health information of the equipment we are monitoring. When the topside computer displaying the health information is connected to the equipment within the same private network, or connected to a switch, from topside computer to equipment, the UDP data will be displayed.

I will download the troubleshoot file once back on station, should be this week,

Please let me know if you have any other questions

I forwarded you the troubleshoot files and some screenshots, let me know if there is anything else you need,
by anonymous
Hello,

It would be great if you can provide me screenshots and the results when you are only using TCP and UDP.

Regards,
Mellow