FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
418 views 1 comments
by anonymous
On board of MV Lady Liselot I have installed a RUTX11.
The GPS is enabled and gives the correct position on the map (beloning to the GPS option).
How to share the GPS info via the wifi network, so that I can use a navigation app?
This app runs on a tablet without simcard (and therefore needs addition GPSinfo)
by anonymous
Same requirement here. It would be great if an Android or IOS app would existing that could read the forwarded NMEA sentences of the RUTX11 and use them instead of an integrated positioning API. Even for tablets/phones with an integrated GNSS chip this would be fantastic as the antenna for my RUTX11 is mounted on the roof of my vehicle and therefore will have a much better reception compared to a dashboard-mounted table/phone.

Teltonika, this would be an incredibly useful feature for your routers and might result in even more people using your products on board of vehicles like trucks, RVs, ships etc.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

There might be a chance to configure your phone as a GPS Server if you know what is the supported GPS protocol is the application using also what is the TCP/IP port number that it is listening, for the reception of GPS data. 

GPS communication protocol that our RUTX11 support is via AVL, NMEA, and HTTPS

For more information you can refer to these links: 

RUTX11 GPS HTTPS - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX11 GPS NMEA - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX11 GPS AVL - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps :) 

Regards,
Mellow

Best answer