FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
242 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello, I'm using a TRB255 gateway with firmware version: TRB2_R_00.02.06.1 and I want to use the Serial over IP feature.

To do so I configured my TRB255 as below:

Here's what I want to do: PC(1) —> TCP —> TRB255 —> Serial —>  PC(2)

Everything works fine, I'm able to open a TCP connection from my first PC to send data to the TRB255 via TCP sockets.

Then the TRB255 well transmits data to my second PC via RS232.

But I noticed an issue, when I send small quantity of data it looks good but if I send a big file (for example 250KB) my second PC connected to RS232 only receive 8KB of data.

I also noticed that when I send many small frames (~10 bytes) sometimes the data received via RS232 seem mixed.

Could you please tell me how to fix this issue?

Thank a alot.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you restart your router and perform few tests? First, please send a small amount of data (I assume everything will work fine) and then try to send a bigger chunk of data. After your tests please navigate System > Administration > Troubleshoot and send the file to me via a private message. I will investigate logs.

Regards.