FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
213 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi there,

project is to use a RUTX11 on a boat for 2 purpose :

1. When at the marina, be able to connect to Wifi.

2. When away, be able to connect to iPhone Hotspot.

For use case one, I will want to plug an 8 feet antenna in order to be able to grab the wifi from the marina, which led me to one question :

Are the wifi antenna ports on the back of the RUTX11 are for emitting, receiving or both ? I mean I will mostly use the 8 ft antenna to catch the Wifi signal not for broadcasting my own.

As a bonus question, is there a way to have preferred networks (Wifi Marinas obviously) and to fall back automatically on the iPhone hotspot when not available ? (Hotspot on the phone is always on).

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

RUTX11 antenna connectors are for both receiving and emitting. At this moment you cannot configure Wireless stations with priorities.

Regards.
by anonymous
Could you not create multiple profiles :

Sailing
Marina1
Marina2
Marina3
and so on...
And then:

* Create GPS geofences for each marina
* Set an on enter geofence command to text yourself the PROFILE command and reboot the router into MARINAx
* Set an on exit geofence command to text yourself the PROFILE command and reboot the router into SAILING

regards

BB