FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,768 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi

I have a RUT 995 with Firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3

I have two questions

1. where can i change the domain name from the LAN Network, in the moment the name is "lan" and the host name of the router is "rut955"
- when i ping the router with the DNS name  "rut955" the answer is "rut955.lan"
but I want a domain name like this example = office.company.com, so the following result is rut955.office.company.com

2. where can I change the local DNS server IP address, I use a local PIHole DNS server on a raspberry

thank you for your help

Heiko

by anonymous

I was in need of this setting as well and came up with a hack solution.

On the router, edit /etc/rc.local and add the following before the "exit 0", changing "mydomain.com" to whatever domain name you want to use:

cat > /tmp/dnsmasq.d/mydomain.dns << EOF

domain=mydomain.com

local=/mydomain.com/

EOF

That will write the two lines ("domain=..." and "local=...") into the "/tmp/dnsmasq.d/mydomain.dns" file every time the device boots.  This file will then be included in the dnsmasq configuration when it is referenced via the "conf-dir=/tmp/dnsmasq.d" directive (part of the generated config).  The net result is that the two lines override the generated config, leaving you with the domain name you want and probably breaking some other functionality somewhere.

Your mileage might vary.  I'm dropping this here partially as a note to myself so that I can remember what I've mucked with. :)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the question you are having if I am correct you can do it via CLI by editing "/etc/hosts" using "vi" command the format is like this: 

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.1 rut955
192.168.1.2 camera

The second question is to change the DNS server IP address you mean the WAN side or on the LAN side? If it's the WAN side you can configure it in Network > WAN and editing the interface you are using as a WAN source and manually input everything in Static instead of DHCP. If you want to include the DNS server IP in the DHCP assignment of RUT955 you can do it in Network > LAN > DHCP Server > Advanced Options > DHCP Option input this command "6,DNS Server IP 1, DNS Server IP 2" example 6,1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow