FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
260 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello everyone We bought 12 RUT955 to use it as a Mobile Hotspot Vehicle Router. We have the trouble every time we change something over the GUI the hotspot stop working. The landing paged is shown and login is working, but it says no internet. After a Factory reset, it will work again until changing some settings. We tried different devices (andriod ios win linux) and different RUT955 and different FW. Every time we have the same behaver with the Hotspot. What we are missing?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue you are having could you clarify what do you mean about it stops working if it has no network connectivity? Or the hotspot is really not visible in the phone's WiFi Network Scan. If you are experiencing a network outage but the WiFi network is still visible kindly make sure that both mobile antenna is connected with the device and make sure is having good signals also and could you try disabling Auto APN functionality and selecting the APN manually. 

Next, is what firmware are you using for these 12 devices? The latest firmware available now is found here I would like to suggest doing a firmware upgrade without keeping the settings and observe it again. 

Firmware can be downloaded from this link: RUT955 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
Mobile Signal Strength Recommendation: Mobile Signal Strength Recommendations - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results. 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hello Mellow ,

thanks for your answer. We dig deeper yesterday. It happens when we apply a OVPN config to the Router via gui. If I use the cli it worked. We try RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3 and RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7. The WIFI and the landing page will shown on every device. The login via landing page work also. But after login we don't have any connectivity to the internet, no ping and traceroute work. If I use a cable on lan1, I got connectivity. Next I will try to set the APN  manually.

Regards,

Robert
by anonymous
Hello,

Kindly update the devices to the latest firmware :) Also, make sure that the OVPN config is not affecting the Hotspot functionality because as default device IP address is 192.168.1.0/24 and the hotspot is 192.168.2.0/24 so if an IP address conflict occurs some of the features will not work properly.

Regards,
Mellow