FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
235 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I´ve being having some trouble with a ipsec tunnel that i have created between a teltonika router (rut995) an another router, it normally works properly but randomly it stops working it seems the problem originates in the teltonika side when the other router send 5 packeges to start the tunnel the teltonika router doesnt  respond and when the rut995 sends the packeges they are malformed. This happens randomly as i already said an it doesnt follow any specif pattern. Could it be a configuration problem in the rut995?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue of yours, it would be best to match the configuration between the other router and RUT955. Also, try checking maybe there is a LAN IP conflict. If you are using GSM connectivity on RUT955 make sure that the signal quality of RUT955 is good. If the issue still persists kindly share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file of the device you can get it by navigating to System > Administration > Troubleshoot 

Let me know

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi Mellow,

I already checked that the configuration between the two routers is the same, and the problem still persist i dont think it is a LAN ip conflict, as i said when the rut 995 send the packets to start the tunnel it sends them malformed and when the other router starts the communication it doesnt receive any response.

I have send you the troubleshoot, tell me if it sheds some light into the situation.

Thanks!!
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the issue, you are having it is recommended for you to upgrade the firmware to the latest one you are using 6.07.5 which is very outdated and going up to 6.08.3 there are a lot of changes applied in the IPSec feature of the RUT9XX series. So kindly update the firmware and observe the results. 

Take note it is best to upgrade the firmware without keeping the settings. 

Latest firmware can be downloaded in this link: RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow 

by anonymous

Hi Melow,

I had upgraded the firmwall as you said to the latest version (6.08.3) and i have being monitoring the tunnel this past days to see if the problem solved itself but it sadly persist, do you have any other recommendation we could do ?

Thanks for the help.

by anonymous
Hi Itel,

Regarding the issue, you are having as you mentioned the issue didn't occur in the latest firmware the thing we can do now is to observe if the issue returns. When the issue appears it is best to not turn off the device and get a copy of the troubleshoot file of the RUT950 you have.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

Hi Mellow,

I have send you the trouble-shoot file again, the tunnel has fallen today, maybe it can sheds some light in the matter.

Thanks.